Sharpscale is a PSTV and PS Vita plugin that changes the way in which the framebuffer is scaled in relation to the display output size to provide a cleaner and sharper image.
Sharpscale can be configured to different scaling methods.
- Original: system default
- Integer: scale by multiplying the width and height of the framebuffer by the largest integer less than or equal to four such that the product width and height is less than or equal to the display width and height, respectively
- Real: no scaling
- Fitted: scale the framebuffer up to four times larger or eight times smaller to fit exactly within the display while preserving aspect ratio
In integer and real modes, a few lines may be cropped from the top and bottom to preserve aspect ratio of the framebuffer.
PS1 aspect ratio can be forced in integer, real, and fitted scaling modes and is applied before scaling.
- Pixel: aspect ratio of the framebuffer
- 4∶3: aspect ratio is forced to 4∶3
- 16∶9: aspect ratio is forced to 16∶9
Scaling and PS1 aspect ratio will not apply when
- in integer and real modes, if the framebuffer is already larger than the display
- in fitted mode, if the framebuffer is too big to be scaled
- aspect ratio is too different to be forced to 4∶3 or 16∶9
- Point: nearest neighbour
- Bilinear: bilinear interpolation (system default)
Whenever scaling mode is original, or otherwise not applied, bilinear interpolation is used.
- On: allow framebuffers of sizes 1280x720, 1440x1080, and 1920x1080 to be submitted to the kernel
- Off: system default
*KERNEL of your taiHEN config.
Use the provided configuration app to change settings instantly without needing to close the foreground application or needing to reboot. If the app crashes on startup, then disable user plugins for this app in your taiHEN config.
The scaling test program shows horizontal and vertical lines 1 pixel wide alternating between black and white. Use the left and right buttons to cycle between framebuffer resolutions.
Warning: Do not use when HDMI is set to interlaced mode.
The following modifications to libvita2d_sys are required to reduce memory usage:
DEFAULT_TEMP_POOL_SIZE 128 KiB PARAMETER_BUFFER_SIZE 256 KiB VDM_RING_BUFFER_SIZE 32 KiB VERTEX_RING_BUFFER_SIZE 128 KiB FRAGMENT_RING_BUFFER_SIZE 64 KiB Remove the stencil buffer
- Bounty backers: ScHlAuChii, eleriaqueen, mansjg, TG
- Video comparisons: Zodasaur
- SceLowio and SceDisplay RE: xerpi
- Author: 浅倉麗子